The Denver Federal Center Chapter received its official charter on February 24, 2006.
2016-2018 CHAPTER OFFICERS:
Kerbi Jacobson, Chapter President, is a Management/Program Analyst with the Mine Safety & Health Administration. (Kerbifew@gmail.com)
Anne Kestner, Vice President, also with Mine Safety & Health Administration.
Shelley McCoy, Secretary, is a Business Analyst with the Mine Safety & Health Administration. (McCoy.Shelly@DOL.gov)
Janet Price, Treasurer, is a Program Planning and Support Assistant with the Office of Natural Resources Revenue. (Janet1963Price@gmail.com)
Pauline Gibson, Immediate Past President, is retired from the Federal Government, but used to be an Administrative Officer with the Mine Safety & Health Administration. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jen Hilts, Membership & Diversity Chair, is a Financial Advisor, with First Command Financial Services. (Fewmembership@Yahoo.com)
Eva Bauer, Programming and Planning Chair, is a IT Project Manager with Bureau of Reclamation. (email@example.com)
Diana Huffman, Policy & Legislation Chair
Toni Cruz, Fundraising & Communications Chair
ABOUT OUR MEETINGS:
- The DFC Chapter typically meets on the third Wednesday of each month, somewhere on the Denver Federal Center. Members, guests, men, and non-federally employed women are all welcome at meetings. MARK YOUR CALENDARS! More information about specific program topics will be posted as plans develop. Bookmark this site and check back often for the most current information!
- We have a new website that we’re so excited to be rolling out. Please check it out, but remember that we have not updated all areas yet. Check back often to see what’s new and exciting.
Important Dates and Announcements:
- Networking Breakfast, Friday February 3, 7:00 – 8:30 am IHOP Alameda and Wadsworth.
- Our “Night Out with the Colorado Avalanche” is coming up on Tuesday February 21st. Exciting Announcement!!! Everyone who buys tickets before February 15 will be entered into a drawing to watch the players warm up before the game FROM THE PENALTY BOX!!!! Winners do not have to be FEW members. Everyone that buys tickets will be entered, the more seats you buy, the more times you’re entered. Ticket info is on our website www.dfcfew.org
- The 2017 FEW-Regional Training Program (RTP) is Friday, March 24 in Colorado Springs. DFC-FEW Members, hopefully you saw our scholarship announcement come out last week and are busy filling out the application. Scholarship covers registration and accommodations in Colorado Springs. More information, including the speakers and their bios can be found at http://rockymountainfew.org/2015-spring-regional-training-program/ Early bird pricing is open until February 17th.
- VIP registration is open for our 9th Annual Feds Chippin’ In Tournament on June 17, 2017. Current registration cost is $90 per person until February 1st, then the regular early bird pricing is $99. More information, including the flyer, can be found at www.dfcfew.org. Also, anyone who registers before February 10th will be entered into a drawing for two tickets to the Avs game.
- July 17-20, 2017 – National Training Program, New Orleans
The DFC Chapter is looking for A FEW GOOD MEMBERS. We are always looking for committee members and volunteers for the numerous events hosted by the chapter. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Kerbi Jacobson (303-887-4839).
2016 First Place Regional Awards
- Best Chapter Programs Award
- Best Chapter Newsletter Award
- Best Overall Outstanding Chapter
2014 First Place Regional Awards
- Best Chapter Membership Award
- Best Chapter Fundraising
2013 First Place Regional Awards
- Best Chapter Programs Award
- Best Chapter Legislative Award
- Rocky Mountain Regional Lifetime Achievement Award– Patt Franc
2013 First Place National Award
- Best Chapter Fundraiser Award
We have consistently won the overall outstanding chapter achievement award (2015, 2102, 2011, 2010, etc.), best legislative program (2013, 2012, 2011, etc.) and best programs award (2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, etc.). But we need you to continue the tradition! Join us for the fun!!
Find us on Facebook at DFC FEW Facebook